Shipping Your Fiber
Here are some tips on sending your raw fiber to be processed at Stonehedge Fiber Mill.
- Send any way that is cheapest for you (UPS, post office, etc). Most shipping costs are for dimension of box as much as weight. If you ship your fiber in a box that is 2 times larger than it should be, your costs is going to be 2 or more times more expensive than it should be. Compressing your fiber will not hurt it. Sit on it before taping it up if you need to, but use the smallest box that you can in order to save yourself some money.
- If you want confirmation your package has arrived, please arrange for delivery confirmation with the shipper. It takes us a lot of time to search for your box to let you know it’s arrive – time we could have been processing fiber in!
- In the box, include your name (not just your farm name), email address, your home address or the address you want your finished fiber sent to, your telephone number, and any instructions you might have (roving, batts, blending, etc). For your convenience, print our Fiber Processing Order Form, as it asks for all the information we need to handle your order the way you want it.
- I ship back UPS unless otherwise requested. You need to include a shipping address other than a PO Box in your instructions.
- Fiber to be sent for spinning should have SPINNING on the outside of the box.
- If you’re sending fiber that has already been washed, include the word WASHED on the outside of the box, as I often grab the next washed fiber to keep the carding machine running, if I haven’t gotten enough washed the day before.
Stonehedge Fiber Mill
2246 Pesek Rd
East Jordan, MI 49727
Required Processing Deposit Fees:
- Spinning orders $13/pound
- Roving/Batting $5/pound
- Combed top $10/pound
- Core Spun yarn $10/pound
All prices are on the incoming weight.
If you don’t know the exact weight, give a best guess. The average greased fleece weighs between 7-12 pounds.
For those who have already sent in fiber for processing, you will be notified prior to us starting on your order for a deposit. All deposits must be paid before we will work on your order. All processing charges must be paid in full before we will ship your fiber back to you. Any unpaid invoice after 30 days of being notified payment is due, will result in your fiber being considered abandoned and will be sold to cover the processing charges. Should you have any questions, please call us at 231-536-2779 Monday – Friday 10 A.M. – 3 P.M. Or email us at
**Please note – When sending your fiber in for processing, you are agreeing to our policies, terms and pricing**
Stonehedge Fiber Mill Team
Please call or email us for scheduling your processing needs. If you email, please make sure the subject line says something like “fiber processing question” so it won’t look like spam and be deleted by accident.